Presented by EGALE Canada
LGBTQ stands for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Transsexual, Two-Spirit, Queer and Questioning People
Questions to ask yourself:
1. What makes school unsafe for LGBTQ students, staff and parents?
2. How can I help to make a LGBTQ safer school?
Great Website for Staff Development
Online Resources -Go to the Educators Page - includes lesson plans, you can search books to use in the classroom or purchase for the library
Genderbread Person - a visual to help explain gender identity, expression and sex
What ways can we create LGBTQ safer schools pro-actively:
1. Break cycles of silence and stigma
2. Address and effectively intervene in harassment
3. Increase visibility of LGBTQ
3. Challenge heterosexism and cissexism in our schools.