Monday 31 March 2014

Planning a community!

What better way to bring the curriculum to live then with a visit from an expert!

 My grade 3 class has been exploring land use categories and creating the ideal community for Social Studies. 

On an whim, I emailed the planning department with the County of Wellington with the hope that they may have some resources I could use in the classroom.

I was thrilled when I received an email back with a positive response! To the students delight we will be hosting guest speakers from the County of Wellington's Planning and Development Department. Talk about making learning authentic.

Now we must prepare appropriate thought provoking questions to ask our guests!

Reflection: Take a risk, send an email who knows what may come out of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.