Day 1 - Demo Slam
Scott Monahan - Amazing Anecdotes!
- Integrating iPhone into assessment practices - world’s simplest form:
- Dropdown menu, subject & comments.
Use voice comments on your phone to record comments into your comments section.
Goes into a google form
Then can filter it by subject & you have anecdotal comments.
Michelle Armstrong - Flippity Dooo Dah!
- Create a google spreadsheet two columns (question, answer)
- Go to Publish to the net
- Copy the URL
Go to flippity site & there is a site to paste it in.
You can use a Youtube video as well for the question by using the URL in column 1
James Petersen - Drawing Hotspots
- Upload an image in your drawing
- create a shape over the drawing - make it transparent - add a link to the shape
- Insert the drawing to your website
- When you click on the picture/drawing it will go to the link
Chris Buja - Hapara Teacher Dashboard
- Works with Chrome & Chromebooks
- Allows you to see the browser tabs students have open.
- Allows you to send a message to the student or open or close tabs for your students.
Sylvia Duckworth - How to add sound to a Google presentation
You can get album & flipbooks (in templates album & flipbooks)
Copy the URL & attach it to an image in the presentation.
http://vocaroo.com/ - record your voice
hey girl extension
youtube song -copy URL add to first page in your slideshow
Varun Malhotra - Synergyse: Interactive Google Apps Training
- Embedded into Google Apps
- Click on it & it walks you through all different how to things in the program
Monica Martinez - YouTube Awesomeness!
- biggest concerns is ads, comments, etc…
- Youtube Time Machine
TechSmith - Snagit for Chrome Ryan Eash
- Go to App - click on the gear - checkmark enable experimental features to allow the video to appear
Mark Hammons - Chrome Custom Searches - Bend Chrome to your will
- settings, manage search engines
- give a short cut & add the URL, allowing you to connect to your drive and calendar from your browser
- check Jennie’s blog for instructions on how to set up search engines
Doug Rosette - Not all PDF Viewers are created equal!
How Read&Write for Google makes your PDF's accessible for all students. A three minute crash course on accessibility tools for Drive that engage your students.
- WordQ & Kurzweil replacement
- allows you to do text to speech online, word prediction, dictionary
Molly Schroeder - Pack Your Bags
Google Forms, Spreadsheets and Maps, Oh My!
- using Google Maps we can import Data from a spreadsheet that is in drive
- click select, import - will populate the map where people like to go on vacation
- can colour code the type of vacation
John Sowash - Active Learning with Pear Deck
Interactive demo of how Pear Deck can engage every student. Audience will participate in a LIVE presentation.
- allows you to import presentations from Google Drive
- like using clicker responses
Chris Moore - Black Menu: Ten Time Slamity-Slam!
Black Menu for Google allows you to access all your favorite Google products from any screen inside Chrome
- can get to sites & everything really quickly